A work in progress/using other people's themes

This post was transferred on Jan. 3, 2010. It was originally posted on April 12, 2009. (Note: This post refers to the theme I was using at CarolFoltz.com.

I chose this theme because I find it pretty and springlike. The two-column layout fits my needs at the moment.

The disadvantages are that I'm finding it difficult to replace elements because I don't know enough CSS yet and I need to personalize it but haven't figured out how yet. So links are not underlined and there are things in the sidebar I haven't replaced yet. There are links in the footer that I don't want, but they are sort of sponsors for the person who developed this theme and must stay.

For now, this will have to do. People who visit this site will have to hover their cursors over the text to look for words that become underlined. Sidebar elements will remain static. And footer links will stay as they are.

I hope to develop my own themes someday. But I've got to get a handle on the basics first.

In the meantime, as it says at the top, this is "a work in progress."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile