The power of Twitter

This post was transferred on January 3, 2010. It was originally posted on April 14, 2009.

Before I head off to bed, an observation.

There was a fire in Fort Dodge Tuesday night. There's always a bit of an adreline rush when something like this happens. I tend to try to focus on what I need to do. But in the midst of this, when I wasn't busy, I tweeted about the fire and listed the address.

I got a response from a co-worker, who said that the fire is about a block from her house but she wasn't home. She said she'd be looking for the news on The Messenger's website. I told her I would be posting something soon.

One of the reporters had suggested to me some time ago that we use Twitter to post headlines. I'm thinking this is a good idea. It's a bit limited, but this is one case when it can be useful. I know I'll get resistance at work, through, even if I offer to be the main tweeter.

Anyway, I'm really heading off to bed now. If you are in a praying mood, I think there's a family in Fort Dodge that could use some prayers. At least one person was injured in the fire, possibly seriously injured.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile