A quiet Fourth of July

This post was transferred on January 3, 2010. It was originally posted on July 4, 2009.

I was at work when Amanda said she couldn’t find BooBoo. I wrapped things up and hurried home. The official Otho fireworks were still going on, but about 100 cars were headed west from Otho. I managed to get home and look for the cat in the garage. I sent Amanda over to Kent’s and wandered around the outside of the house with a flashlight before Cayla came out and said she found BooBoo in the basement (where I had told the girls to look in the first place).
So, there were hundreds of people in Otho, some trying to leave, some hanging around and causing trouble. I could hear some people arguing loudly. I went home to find batteries for my camera, found them and Kent, Cayla and I went to the park.
There were at least three law enforcement vehicles there, sheriff deputies and (I think) Fort Dodge cops – I’m not sure. There were guys in brown  uniforms and blue uniforms, but I didn’t get close enough to see what was on the side of the cars. They seemed to be trying to get people to leave the park, and it was 11 p.m. so we went back home. I took another video showing the park and (unofficial) fireworks.
So, unlike last night, when the booms kept going off until at least 2 a.m., it seems pretty quiet now. It’s actually after midnight, so maybe we’ll get a good night’s sleep if we go to bed soon. We’ve got church and I have to work in the afternoon/evening.
Update: the noise has restarted. Fun. I’m uploading one of my videos to YouTube – it’s taking forever. Because it’s taking so long, I’m only doing one of the videos tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile