Time management

I know I have a problem with this. But some of my problem is caused by others' lack of time management. When I got home last night, Cayla was up and on my laptop. (It was 11:20 p.m.) I told her she needed to go to bed, and I wanted the laptop. After waiting for 10 minutes or more, I went to bed. About 20 minutes after I told her to get off the laptop, she finally did. (There have been times where she took longer.)

I was going to try to sleep, to not go on the computer, but after Ebon (cat) walked across my face, I wasn't ready to sleep. I had to check to see if he left a scratch. so I was waiting for Cayla to get out of the bathroom so I could look in the mirror. She was getting ready to take a shower - at nearly midnight. At this point I had decided to put a load of clothes in the washer, so I had to wait until she was done in her shower. Then I just didn't go to bed - but neither did she. She was still up after 1 a.m.

Cayla is 14 and in eighth grade. She needs her sleep. I'm not home at 10 p.m. to enforce a bedtime. And when I do get home, she ignores what I tell her. I think she gets it from her sister's fine example. Amanda can turn "just a minute" into two hours, and her selective hearing is second to none.

Anyway, I'll end my rant now. I realize the girls get their time management skills from me, but I wish they would occasionally do what I tell them. I do know what I'm talking about once in a while.

Comments

Twolly said…
She's a teenager. I've been telling her to go to bed and she doesn't listen. She just has to learn on her own. She could be 'learning from experience' with a lot worse things, but she's not that bad of a teenager and you've lucked out this time... so far.

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile