Disappointment and lack of sleep

This post was transferred on January 3, 2010. It was originally posted on September 22, 2009.

I'll head off to bed shortly.

I started out sort of OK. Hit the snooze button a little too much, didn't make sure Cayla got out the door in time and ended up having to drive her to a corner outside of town where the bus could pick her up. Then I kept going, drove through McD for a sausage McGriddle and headed for class. It was pouring rain, but I found a parking space fairly close to the door by my class.

My M-W-F class is one hour on Mondays and Wednesdays, so although it seemed to last forever, it was over in a reasonable amount of time. I went to Wal-Mart for some groceries, and back home for a nap.

Got to work at 1:45 p.m. Which is early unless I'm trying to work a full week. (Because my T-Th class gets out at 2:40 and I can't possibly be at work before 3 p.m. those days, I'm supposed to be at work at 1 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays. Which hasn't worked out so far.)

By 3:30 I felt like I had been there for hours. Things picked up later, I had two newspapers to copy edit, so I kept slogging along.

Then Mom called. She's having cataract surgery this week and needs eyedrops put in that eye 4 times a day, so I was elected to come over and do it before she could go to bed.

I got off work at 11.

That's a problem - Mom can't stay up that late waiting for eyedrops. So Donna's going to do them tomorrow night. She'll also get the morning one, and I'll get one during the day, between classes. Mom thinks a friend from church can do the other one. And I might be able to do three on Wednesday.

The disappointment part was when I stopped at Kum & Go on the way to Mom's after work in hopes of getting a hot chocolate. It was a chilly day and they have really good hot chocolate. But the guy told me the machine was torn down for the night.

I was sad.

Now I'm off to bed. There is pretty much my whole day, except for the part where I'm on Facebook for about an hour and a half just messing around even though I know I need to go to bed.

I wonder if I'll ever learn. ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile