Keeping up with classes

This post was transferred on January 3, 2010. It was originally posted on September 10, 2009.

I'm wavering about going to my first class today. Yes, there's a test. But if I can access it from home, I can go to bed right after. Well, only if it's online like our test were last year, and I don't know that yet. I can check in a couple of minutes after the email I sent the instructor is done.

Class started in about 50 minutes. It looks like the test is online and already available (which doesn't seem right). If I go to this class, I'll probably skip the later class in order to come home and take a nap, then go to work early.

Apparently I'm in trouble for not copy-editing a certain page last week that had an error on it. When I came in, I was told by someone who is in authority above me that it had been copy-edited. I suggested to the person who did the page that I should do it anyway, but later was told she was sending it anyway.

On Thursdays, I copy-edit the Lifestyle section for Sunday. I process obits, which is a variably time-consuming task (the more obits come in, the busier I am). I lay out the Go and Do page. I copy-edit the Friday pages. I also get to copy edit pages for another paper that is short-staffed.

I have a class that ends at 2:40 p.m., so the earliest I can be there this semester is 3 p.m. I work as fast as I can, but apparently whatever I can do isn't good enough. When people send pages I haven't looked at and I get in trouble, I resent that. Especially when I wasn't even told directly about this, but heard it second-hand.

Now, I haven't used names for any of this. But watch me get in trouble for it just the same. Apparently I have a magnet for that.

Guess I'll get ready for class. Don't want to miss a test, no matter how crappy I feel.

UPDATE: I was actually on campus looking for a parking space when I realized I was late for class anyway. Since I won't get credit for attending, I went home. I tried to take the test online, but it requires a password (which I assume the teacher tells the people who are there at the time). So I'm going to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile