Frugal living

This post was transferred on Jan. 3, 2010. It was originally posted on April 10, 2009.

Yep, I definitely need to work on this.

At church, they've started a vegetable gardening group. The fifth-Sunday meeting in March was about that. I've got permission from my landlady to have a garden in the backyard. There are some things I need to do first:
  • call Iowa One Call to determine where is safe to dig
  • take pictures throughout the day to determine where the most sunlight is available
  • determine exactly what to plant (based on what we will actually eat
  • plot out where each type of vegetable will go
  • get some supplies such as seedlings and potting soil
Cayla and Jessica planted some seeds in disposable pots. Cayla was putting them out during the day for sunlight, but she hasn't done that for several days. We did have that little snowstorm last Sunday ...

So, anyway, today's link is from About.com: Top Ten Ways to Start Living the Frugal Life. I follow $5 Dinners on Twitter - I need to actually try some of the recipes. I also follow Thrifty and Chic Mom. I'm going to try her coupon binder method - I already got the baseball card pages.

Off-topic: I think I'm going to institute a rule that I can have no more than 3 tabs open when writing in my blog. I get distracted too easily (spent several minutes on Twitter before coming back to the task at hand).

I'll get around to creating a page for frugal links someday. I've got a ton of them, just don't use the advice as much as I could/should.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile