Good news and bad news

The good news is that I made it home in one piece.

The bad news is that I'm not so sure about the car.

We had an early deadline and I was able to leave work at 9 p.m. Travel wasn't too bad most of the way home. Highway 169 was mostly clear, with some areas of blowing snow. County Road D33, though, wasn't so nice.

After I turned from 169 to D33, a truck passed me. I followed it all the way into Otho. When the truck went through drifts, I followed in its tracks. There was one spot where the visibility was so bad that I just plowed through as best I could, but almost got stuck. The truck stopped and nearly backed up, but the driver saw that I was following, so he went on.


(This is a shot of the taillights of the truck I followed into Otho.)

There were some more drifts just outside the city limits and along North Highway Street. That's when the car started acting odd. When I turned onto my street, it died. It would not start again.

The truck came back and came alongside me. The driver asked if I was stuck. I told him the car wouldn't start. He had me try a few more times, then he offered to push the car if it wouldn't cause any damage (I hope he meant to his truck - it doesn't matter what happens to the bumper of my car). He came around and lined his truck up and then gave my car a push. He got it going fast enough that I was able to travel the last two blocks and even turn into the driveway.

So, in the morning I get to open the hood and see if I can figure out what the problem is. I hope it's just that there is snow blocking something, not that something is broken or knocked off. I hope I can figure out what the problem is and that it's easily fixable.

And the timing sucks. I'm supposed to get my financial aid money next week - and I was planning to get a different vehicle. Something with four-wheel drive looks awfully good right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile