Time flies

This post was transferred on January 3, 2010. It was originally posted on December 26, 2009.

I just checked and it's been nearly a month since my last post. This is not good. I'll try to do better, honest.

Here are a few thoughts:
  1. Thanks and kudos to my neighbor who came over Christmas morning and used his snowblower on my driveway. He cleared what I had done after the last snowstorm 2 weeks ago. I hadn't done the whole driveway - just enough at the end to park in and a path to the house. But having him do that was awesome - this recent snow was preceded by rain and sleet, and was wet and heavy. No fun.
  2. I enjoyed having a quiet Christmas at home. I wish I had done laundry during that time, as I really need to do it now but Cayla really needed to take a shower, so I have to wait.
  3. Some people need to take a chill pill. Apparently DJ Delilah decided to take her kids out of their school because the school is adding some things from "The Leader In Me," a program for students from Stephen Covey, author of 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People."
    Here's my response (posted on an LDS forum):
    It's not the first time I've questioned her judgment. She had a caller ask for a song just before Christmas. The caller was listening to Delilah's show while painting her living room of the house she and her husband just bought before putting up the Christmas tree. They had a baby boy in February, so this is the baby's first Christmas. Delilah picked "A Christmas to Remember" for the caller.
    Really? A song about two strangers who randomly decide to go to Tahoe for Christmas and happen to meet, then hook up? And they're hoping to do it again next Christmas? Yeah, I would definitely pick that to associate with my baby's first Christmas.
    In other words, she appears to make decisions based on superficial information. She probably picked "A Christmas to Remember" because of the title, not the content. But the content is what's important. I wonder if she interviews every teacher her kids have to make sure none of those pesky Mormons teach her kids, and runs a background check on her kids' friends to make sure they don't hang with Mormon kids.
  4. I have a habit of trying too much and failing. Seriously. I make New Year's resolutions that last maybe a few days. I've had to drop classes at school two of the last three semesters - and a Flexnet class I only did one assignment in. But I want to try this: Design something every day. I'll post what I do here. I also signed up for a regular class and three Flexnet classes, although I'm thinking of dropping one of those classes. I've got Web Multimedia (in class), English Composition I, Western Civ: Ancient to Early Modern and World Regional Geography. I would drop Geography. We'll see.
  5. I need to get more organized. (And the sky is blue ... )
That's all I've got for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile