Relief Society: Divine Organization for Women

This post was transferred on January 3, 2010. It was originally posted on September 20, 2009.

That was today's Relief Society lesson, which I got to teach. I mentioned some things that I found online that happened the same day the Female Relief Society of Nauvoo (original name of the organization) was founded: March 17, 1842. I read part of the first section, and the headers of the rest of the lesson. I had printed out the objectives of the Relief Society, and we went over those:
Participation varied on some of the questions. Visiting teaching was mentioned more than once - which is a valid point.

I took a picture of the board afterwards, and I'll post it here later if I can get it from the camera to the computer. (This computer doesn't communicate with all its ports very well.) I got several compliments on the lesson.

What I didn't include: At LDS.org, there is a page about the history of the Relief Society. There is a video that can be viewed in three different formats. It's called "Live Up to Your Privileges" and it has four sisters portraying sisters who were involved in the early days of the Relief Society. It's a really nice video. I didn't use it in my class because I don't want to use videos as a crutch. (Plus it's nearly 9 1/2 minutes long.)

Now I'm home and I'm going to shut down the Relief Society sister in me and get a little relief in the form of my Sunday afternoon nap. I've got plans for later, but need rest and some relief for my poor knees. I messed up my right knee about 2 weeks ago, and it's not improving on its own. (I should have taken the advice from our lesson today and asked for a priesthood blessing ... oh well, there's always Wednesday.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile