Frustration at EA Games

I'm trying to play Sims2. I can't get it to start. I only get this message: Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000).

From what I understand, this is an anti-pirate measure. I bought this game legally, as I have bought all my other EA games. I've had to reinstall my games, due to changing computers and reformatting and so on. Why can't I just play my game?

I've wasted 2 hours on this tonight - 2 hours I could have been playing for some mental relaxation. Or it could have been 2 hours of much-needed sleep. This happened with Bon Voyage and FreeTime. I've spent a couple hundred dollars on Sims games and this is how you treat your customers? I was going to buy Apartment Life this week, but I'm not sure I want to continue with the sims. I might just give up on them altogether. And I might forget about Sims3.

I submitted the first two paragraphs to the EA help people. We'll see if I get a response. From what I've seen online, my choices are:
a) forget about playing Sims 2 (which would be better for my school work and sleep deprivation)
b) contact EA and get a new code
c) find a no CD crack online (hoping it's not a virus, of course)

I hate that I can't just buy a game, play it as much as I want, uninstall and reinstall it as much as I need to, without having to jump through hoops. When I buy a game, it should be mine as much as I want. Not for purposes of reverse engineering or anything, but I should be able to play it. Someone commented it's like making the game a rental. To me it's like only being able to wear an outfit so many times and you have to ask permission to wear it again.

I own all the original Sims CDs and most of the Sims2 CDs (expanion packs except Apartment Life and not all the "stuff" CDs). So I've spent quite a chunk of change on their games. GRRR.

I'm going to bed now - I need sleep. I don't think sleep will make me feel better about this in the morning, though.

Update: Found the solution here. Got the game to work, although it was slow and laggy. Got about 2 1/2 hours sleep, and I don't feel better for it. I have a test in my first class, unfortunately, or I would go right back to bed after the girls go to school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile