Catching up: Dec. 26-28

I worked a day shift Friday. It was difficult because we got back from Waterloo around 2:15 a.m. and I had to be at work at 9. But I made it.

On Fridays, I do a page for the Sunday business section. I had someone come in after the page was done who wanted something added to the page. I told him the page was done and I could get it in for next Sunday. He suggested it might go in the Sports section. Perhaps it might. It won't go in before Friday anyway. Whatever.

Because I was at work all day, exhausted from the trip to Waterloo, and busy, I forgot that I hadn't picked up the prescription for Mom's pain pills from the clinic. They aren't open until Monday.

(Side note: I stopped to pop a mini-bag of Orville Redenbacher popcorn - lime and salt flavor. It smelled like Froot Loops for a little when it was cooking. The lime taste isn't very strong to me.)

We did a little grocery shopping Friday night - Kent had brought me to work and picked me up. I had to get stuff for Jessica to make meatloaf. We watched part of Prince Caspian, but Donna had to take it in when she went to work. So we started watching Kung Fu Panda. I don't think it was stopped until Saturday afternoon - it just kept playing, over and over and over.

Saturday morning Kent and I went into town. We went to the library, where I returned Twilight and picked up some manga books for Amanda. We got Mom's shopping list and went to Subway at Walmart. I did Mom's shopping, except for the shrimp - which she wants for Wednesday - and popcorn. They only carry Pop Weaver, Orville Redenbacher and Jolly Time at Walmart now. Mom wanted Act II or Pop Secret. More importantly, she wanted natural flavor, and there was none. They all either had varying amounts of butter (from little "lite" butter to pour it on to coronary, here I come!) or were flavored. Which is where I got the lime and salt flavored popcorn.

I had to work Saturday, too. I stopped at Walmart on my way home for buffalo chicken Savorings and ibuprofen. We were out of the ibuprofen, and I got a double pack so Donna and I can each have our own bottle.

We didn't go to church today. Let this be our last lazy Sunday of no church. I'm hoping that we can start the new year off right. I know people must be wondering what happened to me - I haven't attended much since I was released from Primary (where I taught a lesson every Sunday) to get a calling in Relief Society (where I teach a lesson once a month). But I've been exhausted and needed to have a break from something. Taking a break from work only works if I can get time off - and I'm out of vacation days for this year. Taking a break from school makes my life harder when I try to catch up. Taking a break from church, well, I know I shouldn't, but I did. I'll try to do better.

That's pretty much it lately. I need to do many things: write my dad, write Kent's dad, update my website (which will require time on the phone with tech support), start preparing for next semester, and so on. Right now I just want to veg online.

(Oh, yeah, forgot to mention: I found some sites with Blogger templates and changed mine. How do you like it?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile