My day so far

Woke up earlier than I wanted to, couldn't go back to sleep.

Had pork potstickers for breakfast, topped with Thai sweet chili sauce, and half a bottle of diet Dr Pepper, which was all I had left. I had forgotten to go to Walmart last night to get sodas, which is probably for the best, as you will see.

Updated my history blog post for today, which is still not done, but is next on the list. It's an incredibly long post, about the death of a prominent citizen of Fort Dodge in 1907.

Took a nap - not as long as I had hoped, but once woken up I couldn't get back to sleep. Why? Too much on my mind. When I drove home last night, my car was acting weird. The steering wheel vibrated more than usual - it does shake a bit and pulls to the left. But it also started making a strange noise as I approached home, and was kind of bouncy. I managed to get home, though, and left myself a note to check it out before going to work.

So, after my brief nap, I took a flashlight and sleeping bag (to lie on) and attempted to look under the car. I couldn't possibly get close enough to see what was wrong. I also started the car and tried to back up, but it won't go anywhere. I opened the hood but couldn't see anything wrong.

I think something is wrong in the vicinity of the driver's front tire. My first thought was that it must be structural, rather than something with the engine, but I could be wrong. But I'm a week away from payday, so no matter what's wrong, I can't deal with it yet.

So, I called my sister and she'll give me some rides this week. I'll have the car towed to a mechanic as soon as possible, and we'll go from there.

And it's not even noon. I'm afraid to ask what the rest of the day has in store for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile