Blame it on the kid

A snow day, 2-hour delay and yet ...

Despite my efforts and the extra time to sleep, Cayla is going to miss the bus again.

Which means I have to drive her to school, and since I have to work some time this morning, I might as well just go to work.

The difference between today and yesterday is that when I'm done with my morning assignment today, I will be heading home for a nap. Yesterday I didn't because of threatening weather, but today I've got to have more sleep.

I may be getting ahead of myself by predicting a missed bus, but I doubt it. She's got 10 minutes to get dried off, dressed and out the door. But since it's already after 9 a.m., whether she misses the bus or not at this point I'll probably go to work early any way. It's just more fun to blame it on the kid.

(Update: She made the bus, not at her stop but still within the little town where we live. I still have to go into town and since I'm up, I might as well do it sooner rather than later. I'm in a better mood now, anyway. I've been frantically looking for a receipt for an item I need to return to OfficeMax and just couldn't find it. But after calling the company, I found out that the emailed receipt that I do have will suffice, and they can also look up the transaction at the store if I don't get that printed out. So I can take back the monitor I no longer need since I got laptops for Cayla and me, and use the money to pay bills. Yay, OfficeMax!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile