Letter to the Editor ... or something ...

To the Editor:
Some people spend a few minutes in the morning clearing the frost or ice off their car windows. Other people clear a tiny space and hope the people who are more careful will see them first. I spent the time this morning to clear my car windows so I could drive safely and not be a hazard to others. I was nearly in an accident, however, when someone who clearly could not spend the time to clear their windows pulled out on the street in front of me. I slammed on my brakes and honked, so lady, yes, I'm talking to you. I could see through your back window that you were crouching down, peering through a space at the bottom of your windshield that was, maybe, six inches high and about half of the width of your windshield. You pulled out in front of me because you apparently didn't think you needed to clear your side windows. After all, even though you didn't take the time to clear your windows, other people must, therefore you don't need to worry. Every driver out there is looking out for you. We are making sure we take the time to have a clear field of vision so we won't run into you.

If you got a ticket this morning, you can blame me. I called the cops on you and gave them your license plate number and description of your car. I told them which way you were headed. Yeah, that's right. I'm an interfering person who thinks that other people should be able to see where they are driving and obey the laws (in this town, driving with an obstructed view warrants a ticket). Too bad. Next time, maybe you will take a couple of minutes to clear those windows before you drive off. I don't care if you were late to work. Getting into an accident makes you late for work or worse. And, I saw you had a child in your car, in the front seat. It didn't look like your child was wearing a seat belt, but I couldn't be sure. In this state, it's illegal to have a child under the age of 12 ride in the front seat, and seat belts are required for front seat passengers. I believe they are required for children of that age and under, as well. Based on the school where you dropped your kid off, I'd say the chances are pretty good that your child is 12 or under. Lady, is it worth it?
(Done ranting for now)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile