Well, I nearly got my wish today. I've been wishing for a snow day. You might think that most moms would be against a snow day, because it can be inconvenient to have the kids home when you have other plans. Well, my wish for a snow day is based on my need for sleep. I've been wanting the opportunity to sleep in. I would have settled for a 2-hour delay, which would allow me an extra 2 hours of sleep, but today I just wanted the whole day free.

The brakes in Kent's car are going bad, so for the last week, I've been driving him to work, driving the kids to school, going home for a nap, going to school, going home again, driving back to town to pick the girls up from school, picking Kent up from work, then going to work. This only makes my bad habit of staying up way too late even more tiring. If school had just been cancelled today, I could have let Kent drive my car to work, then wait at home til he gets back, then go to work. Yes, even though it's raining now and will freeze and then it will snow tonight, I will still be going to work.

So, here's the day I wanted: Kent drives himself to work and the girls and I wait til he gets home, then I drive to work, for only 2 round trips and probably less than 50 miles total. (Well, I have to amend that, because he'll probably have to go back at midnight since the guard that comes in then lives even farther away from Fort Dodge than we do, so Kent will cover for him. So, less than 70 miles.) Here's the day I got: Drove Kent to work and the girls to school, went home for a nap, Kent called to tell me the schools were dismissing at 10:45, went to pick the girls up, went home... the rest of the day should go like this: Nap til 3, get ready for work, go pick Kent up from work, drive everyone home, go to work, come home, Kent drives to work at midnight, for about 100 miles and much, much less sleep. I better get started on that nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile