Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleave of care ...

Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleave of care
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast.
~William Shakespeare, Macbeth

I should make a resolution to go to bed earlier. I admonish Cayla about it on nearly a daily basis. She doesn't go to bed early enough, so she can't get up early enough to get to Seminary, or usually even to make the bus to school. That means someone has to drive her, and that's a waste of gas. But I set a bad example.


The bed is a bundle of paradoxes:  we go to it with reluctance, yet we quit it with regret; we make up our minds every night to leave it early, but we make up our bodies every morning to keep it late.  ~Charles Caleb Colton

 I looked up some quotes on sleep.


No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap.  ~Carrie Snow

 I had never heard of Carrie Snow, but she's got a point. Yes, there are days so bad that a nap can't fix them. But naps are great.

 Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds.  ~JoJo Jensen, Dirt Farmer Wisdom, 2002

 Now there's some wisdom. And here's mine: When I started playing around with my blog tonight, it was just after midnight. I just checked the time: 1:21 a.m. In addition to getting more sleep, I need to monitor my computer time better. I've got a log sheet I can track my time on, see where I spend it. I need to use that.

But now, I need to go to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile