I caved in

I got the cheapest microwave Walmart had to offer. It's a Sunbeam, 900-watt, .9-cubic-foot microwave. It has buttons instead of a dial, which I prefer. Amanda has already tried it out. And at least we have a microwave now.

I also looked for the pizza oven thingy - the kind that rotates the pan under heat. They don't have it in stock, but I think it's available online. I'm considering this partly because our oven is wonky and partly because it cooks the pizza in half the time.

Generally I'm not a fan of speciality appliances. I don't own a grill, I do own a sandwich maker but I don't like it. I actually bought that for Amanda to make her ham and cheese sandwiches with, but she won't use it. Luckily it only cost $7 so I'm not losing much.

And now that I think about it, I do own more of these appliances: a rice cooker, a blender, the sandwich maker, a bread machine. I have owned two different kinds of popcorn poppers in the past and was recently considering a hot-air popper. I haven't had an ice cream maker, deep fryer or food processor. I guess my reasoning is that I wouldn't get enough use out of it to balance the inconvenience of cleaning the appliance. But maybe if I had one of those things I would cook more.

Then again, maybe not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile