Baby steps

I always fail at New Year's resolutions. One common mistake is to make grand plans - those never work for me.

This year I am winning.

I made one resolution, and only promised to do it for one month. My resolution was to block all Zynga games on Facebook for one month.

By blocking for one month, I am taking away the temptation to play the games that used to take up so much of my time. I could play for two hours a day between Farmville, Frontierville and Cityville.

I blocked those games on Jan. 1 and haven't gone back. I still have to block related posts, but eventually those will fade away, as well. And by saying I would do it for one month, in my mind I can go back at the end of the month.

But I doubt that I will.

I just got an email about Cityville - I've been chosen to receive 10 City Cash. That's enough to purchase a new expansion area.

I deleted the email. I could have accepted the cash and then blocked the game again, but that would mean giving into temptation, even a bit. At the end of the month I want to be free and be able to say I was completely successful in this one resolution.

Baby steps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile