My life isn't that bad, apparently

My life? Well, I work at a job where I don't always feel my efforts are appreciated, and haven't had a raise in a while. I support two frequently unappreciative and occasionally surly teen daughters, one of whom recently dropped out of high school and the other one apparently thinks I never know what I'm talking about. (Yes, I keep telling you to go to bed early so you can wake up in time to go to Seminary or at least catch the bus to school. There's a reason I keep telling you - it's because you aren't doing it!) I have a hard time paying my bills on time, which is made harder recently. My microwave conked out and the oven in the stove needs something - maybe the thermostat is not working, so I can't bake now either. My car has a cracked windshield that I worry every day is going to just pop - especially in winter weather with the difference between the outside temperature and the heat inside the car. My mom lives on her own, but I worry about her, too.

However, I'm currently praying for: a co-worker whose husband is recovering from hip replacement surgery but has confusion issues, another co-worker whose first child was born at 27 weeks, an online friend on bed rest to prevent premature labor, another online friend who lost her full-term baby just before Christmas, and am now adding to the list a blogger who suffers from deep depression (and she's pregnant). Of course, my list includes family members, although I need to expand that list as well.

So, while I can't afford health insurance but don't qualify for Medicaid, at least I'm reasonably functional. If my microwave and oven don't work, at least I have a slow cooker and the top of the stove. My car runs and gets much, much better gas mileage than my old car (approximately 26-28 mpg vs. 12-14 mpg), which is extremely important in a time when gas is around $3/gallon. While I may feel underappreciated at my job, at least I have one and I (usually) do it well, even the parts I don't like. And I have a roof over my head, which is also important.

And, while I have thought for a very long time that I should see a doctor to see if I really am depressed, right now that's not an option. But looking at the lives of others, I see that depressed or not, I'm not in that bad a place. I'll struggle on with my own trials and pray for others with theirs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile