Resolute

My one specific resolution for this year is to block Zynga games on Facebook for one month. I play Farmville, Frontierville and Cityville daily and spend too much time on them, neglecting other responsibilities.

What makes it hard is that they all have these "missions" where you complete certain tasks in order to receive a reward. I left unfinished missions in each game.

However, I suspect that by the time the month is over, I will be okay with not going back. And that was the purpose of this resolution - to free up my time and free me from the feeling of obligation to play.

I have other things I need to work on, as well, but no specific "I'm going to" statements yet. But the advice I've seen is that being specific and having a time limit are two ways to help you succeed in completing a resolution. I think this will work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile