I turned in my application today, need a couple more things before my name goes on the list. Still need to find out about storage, but can't do anything about that until at least next payday. Paid the electric bill. Didn't pay the water bill, thinking that if we talk to the landlord and offer to pay 2/3 of the rent early and the rest on July 3, Kent could pay the 2/3 rent and the water bill, which would still be less than the whole rent. Kent refuses to pay the water bill. He also says Amanda is grounded - completely, not even allowed to leave the house, until the place gets picked up. He is vague and autocratic. "Clean this up" without focus is useless.

Kent said that Amanda couldn't even go on walks. The walks are the mile walks I started doing on Monday. I told him she would be happy to not go because she doesn't like to go, but I make her because I can't leave her alone at home while I'm out walking. He made a remark about it just being around the block, and I told him it's a mile. He said,"I don't care what you do." and I said,"I know." That pretty much sums up our relationship at this time, which is why I think moving out is the best.

He also semi-threatens things about the girls, like he doesn't feel like cooking. If I was in a car accident and in a body cast, confined to bed, he would rationale that I should cook because I'm home. If there's something the girls can do in the microwave,I'm okay with that, but if it involves real cooking, he needs to get up away from the computer and take care of the kids.

He's obsessively involved with I-games. He plays Spades, even hosts tournaments. Obviously he gets some emotional feedback from it that he doesn't get from his family, but it's hard to relate to somebody's back, which is the view we most often get.

I need to get something to eat and go to bed. It's after 2 a.m. and I'm getting cranky. er.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile