Birthday wrap-up

Yesterday was my birthday. It wasn't half-bad. I had birthday greetings from dozens of people on Facebook: former co-workers, old friends, relatives, former classmates, people from Facebook and online forums.

I tried making a chocolate lava cake in the crockpot, which didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, but was still quite tasty, especially with ice cream.

I also made "homemade" pizza on my Pizza Pizzazz. (The dough was refrigerator dough from Pillsbury, hence the quote marks around homemade.) That also didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, but next time I will read the instructions and precook the dough a few minutes before putting the sauce and other ingredients on. The girls had one piece each and didn't care for it. The cats got into the Canadian bacon, so they got a treat for my birthday, as well.

I borrowed Mom's Kindle Fire and read a book I had downloaded for her that I had wanted to read. I paid her phone bill and took Kent to the grocery store. I picked up Cayla at school after she had speech (mime) practice. And I made an appointment for Amanda to get her eyes checked next week.

I received a gift in the mail - from a holiday exchange on an online forum. I haven't sent my present out yet, so I feel a little guilty about opening what I got, but I did it anyway. I received peanut brittle, a book and two kinds of homemade jerky: regular and hot. I can attest to the fact that hot means hot - as in clear your sinuses and make your eyes water. Cayla has taken the regular jerky, which means I get the rest of the hot jerky. A little will last quite a while, I think. I should put it in a plastic bag and keep it away from the cats. They still have Canadian bacon.

I'm planning to indulge myself with a purchase later this week, so the lack of presents isn't disappointing. I didn't say anything to the girls, but apparently I had a notice on the calendar on the old cell phone I use as an alarm clock and Cayla heard it go off while I was cooking. She came out of my bedroom and said "Happy Birthday" (it was around 7 p.m.). So I think I need to get the girls into family history so they will have an awareness of when people's birthdays are. I can tell you month, day and year for my parents and mother-in-law, month and day or month and year for my father-in-law, stepmom, grandparents, Burrell cousins and aunts.

Anyway, there it is: another year gone. I still have things I've wanted to do, and maybe I'll get to them. I don't feel like doing a life assessment right now. Actually, I feel like going back to bed right now, but I'm trying to get Cayla up in time to go to Seminary, or at least catch the bus so I don't have to drive her to school, so I can't go to bed yet. But as soon as I drop her off either at Seminary or the bus stop, I'll get my morning nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile