There's a dead skunk in the middle of the road

Did you ever play that word game as a child? It goes like this:

Savvy first person: "There's a dead skunk in the middle of the road. I one it." (You explain to the other person they say "I two it.")
Unsuspecting second person: "I two it."
Savvy first person: "I three it."
Unsuspecting second person: "I four it."
Savvy first person: "I five it."
Unsuspecting second person: "I six it."
Savvy first person: "I seven it."
Unsuspecting second person: "I eight it."
Savvy first person pointing and laughing: "You ate it! You ate the dead skunk! Hey, look at who just said they ate a skunk!"

Unhappy second person: "I want to do it again but I want to be first this time."
Savvy first person: "Okay."
Unsuspecting second person: "There's a dead skunk in the middle of the road. I one it."

Savvy first person: "I two it."
Unsuspecting second person: "I three it."
Savvy first person: "I four it."
Unsuspecting second person: "I five it."
Savvy first person: "I six it."
Unsuspecting second person: "I seven it."
Savvy first person: "I jumped over it and you eight it! You ate the skunk! Hahaha, you ate another skunk!"

Usually at this point the whole thing degenerates and eventually bandaids are involved.

Or in my case, "I ran over it with my car and now my car smells like cooked skunk."

Still, two days later. (This happened Monday night on the way home. Crunch.) Then on Tuesday I drove over to Webster City to help a friend set up a couple of websites and there was a dead skunk on the side of the road on Highway 520. On the way back to Fort Dodge I took D20, which is old Highway 20. Another dead skunk. I haven't seen any yet today, but the day's not over. I just hope I only see the dead ones, on the side of the road, and not disturb any live ones or run over any more. Not fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile