Lessons learned

Every weekday that school is held (and not delayed because of weather or whatever), I have to get up at 4:30 a.m. and usually spend the next 1 1/2 hours getting Cayla awake, out of bed, into the shower and out the door for early morning Seminary (a scripture study class at church for high school students). She is always late, except on the days when she completely misses it - like yesterday, because I didn't want to drive in dense fog.

Most of the time, I just stay in my pajamas - sweat pants or old exercise pants, and an old, raggedy T-shirt (I have several to choose from). When I get home I usually go on the computer for a bit and then roll back into bed.

Today, Cayla was pretty wide awake - due to the fact that when she got home yesterday she went to bed for a one-hour nap and didn't wake up til this morning. I dozed off after my alarm went off at 4:30 and woke up again at 5:35. She was ready to leave. As we left, she mentioned that she needs a calculator for a math test today. Had I known this yesterday, when I was at the dollar store, I could have gotten one then. She said she would try to borrow one at school.

We were on time today - and by on time, I mean the teacher hadn't opened up the church yet, and other people were waiting to get in. So I dropped her off and I went to Walmart to buy a calculator. I think only 4 or 5 people saw me, and I held my hoodie closed. But still kind of embarrassing. I don't want to end up on People of Walmart.

Lesson one: Cayla learned that her mom loves her enough to go to Walmart in her pajamas to buy her a calculator when she needs one.

Lesson two: Cayla's mom learned to always, always, get dressed from now on when driving Cayla to Seminary.

Now I'm going to roll back into bed while it's still dark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile