Another one bites the dust

Cayla was defrosting some chicken in the microwave for her lunch when we all smelled something odd - something that was kind of a burning smell, but kind of electrical. She shut off the microwave and unplugged it. Looks like we're getting a new microwave for Christmas.

I checked the Walmart website and it's kind of surprising the range of prices they have - all the way from $59 to $549.54. Although, that last one is also a convection oven. But they also sell one for $306.66 that is only a microwave. Eeek. I'll be looking in the $130 and under category. Maybe $150 and under - simply because I want something with a lot of power that will last a long time. I checked the back of my current microwave and found that it was made in July 2002 - so it's eight years old.

According to this website, it's a couple of years under its life expectancy, although this thread on the Disney discussion boards is all over the place with microwaves that quit after a year to one that is 26 years old. Unusual topic for a Disney forum, I think.

I'd also like to point out that my Google search for "how long should microwave last" has suggestions at the bottom for how long other things should last: menopause, superbowl, high, mono, garlic, shingles, ovulation and a copyright.

Anyway, it's time to get ready for work, so I can earn money to pay for a microwave for Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile