Grammar gripes

and spelling errors ...

This was a post on a Freecycle group I belong to:

IM IN NEED OF A LARGE DOG KETTLE/CAGE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

I did email the sender to point out that a kettle is what you cook in, while a kennel is where you keep your dog. I didn't make any smart remarks about cooking the dog, although you can probably come up with some funny ones.

This type of error is one of my pet peeves. Yes, I understand about typos and about typing things in chat where you are trying to type quickly and don't always have time to correct errors. But for anything that takes longer, like an email or a blog post, there really is no reason not to make sure you are typing what you think you are typing.

Punctuation is nice, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile