The ups and downs

Okay, yeah, I need to (well, should) blog more often. Mainly so that my blog posts won't be as sad and rambling as this one.

Friday, I got to go on a field trip with Cayla. Took lots of photos, had a good time.

Saturday, worked. I'm sure there was more to the day, but right now I'm drawing a blank.

Sunday - Mother's Day. Went to church, taught my lesson, went home. Worked for Jean, who called in sick.

Monday, worked.

Tuesday, off. Didn't get anything done at home. Went to Relief Society, then went to Webster City with Donna to pick up a kitten from the Johns family. He's tabby-colored, but looks more marbled than striped. Comet seems to hate him - she hisses and growls most of the time when she sees him.

Wednesday, off. Didn't take Amanda to church because she didn't have anything to wear. Forgot I was supposed to bring something to church, but I guess that will have to wait.

Thursday, payday. Cashed check, got a prepaid credit card to pay Kent's speeding ticket online. Paid to get car insurance reinstated. Went to lunch, dropped in at Mom's with sodas and the $5 I owed her. Kent dropped me at work and went home.

He called me later to say the car was overheating. I had been wanting to check to see if I could borrow some money from my 401(k), so I asked our HR person. She checked, and I can. But Kent would have to sign papers, too. So, I called him and asked him to come in and do that. The car overheated, so after he signed the papers, he headed over to our mechanic.

It may be the head gasket - and we're looking at $300 and up for repairs. I don't have a choice - I must have a car. Living outside town can be nice and peaceful, but limits transportation options - bicycling is definitely out, and walking would plain take too long.

So, we need money. I'm inclined to look for another car, since this is such a major issue and the car has some minor problems that should also be addressed. For one thing - okay, not a mechanical issue - is that it's a two-door car. Very inconvenient.

So, now we come down to the issue. I need money. I'll get about $1,000 in the near future, but in the meantime, I've got to get to work. So, I'm asking for gifts of money. Anyone who wants to donate can send to me through PayPal (at) yahoo dot com. In other words, you should know my name (look in the address bar) and my PayPal account is based on that e-mail address.

I realize that probably about the only person who reads this is my mom, so don't worry Mom, I'm not asking you for money. I just am desperate enough to beg for money from people who don't even know I'm begging. But what the hey, it's worth a shot.

Now I've got to put some cold food in the fridge, check the TVguide.com listings and go to bed. I can feel a headache coming on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile