Owwwww

I've been fighting about the worst headache of my life all day today. I hadn't had a Dr Pepper since yesterday morning, and caffeine withdrawal is the pits. I woke up in pain and couldn't get back to sleep. Cayla finally went to the convenience store and got me one. I feel a little better now - at least I don't think I'm going to throw up now.

Going into town to hit the library and run to the pharmacy for Mom, plus one more stop. I hate being broke. Kent wants cigarettes again after not smoking for two months - he only took one month's worth of Chantix, and the effect is wearing off. I've got less than half a tank of gas in Donna's van (I've put $54 in gas in the van since May 18 - 8 days ago), my check didn't come yet (loan against my 401(k) money) and there's no mail on Monday. So, I'm hoping to get $20 on a loan against Kent's stereo and buy some food for the next couple of days. I just hope that check comes Tuesday.

His dad called last night with a little family update. He's visiting the oldest son in California. I don't have anybody's address any more - not even his dad's after they moved last year. But I guess Kent has his phone number now, so we can go from there.

Well, I've got to go - I still have to work later. I've got tons of stuff to copy edit and other things to do, so I can't even call in sick.

It just keeps getting better. I was driving into town (Donna's van, remember) and the van wouldn't get out of first gear. I turned around and headed home. Just great. She'll take me to work, but I'm not sure how I'm getting home. Or to church tomorrow.

My headache is still there, just not as bad as this morning. Just give it time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile