What a day

What a lame post title. Whatever.

I was up at 6 a.m., at work around 7:45 a.m. Left work 4 hours later. I forgot to mention, I left the car at the mechanic's and walked from there to work, about 4 1/2 blocks. So, of course, walked back.

Went home, washed a load of laundry. Why? Because the project I'm working on requires me to be in a hot, dusty room with a bunch of dusty, falling-apart books. These books are old newspapers bound in book form. Which I'm ripping apart so we can get copies for this project.

So, I did a load of laundry, did some research for my project, e-mailed the information to my work e-mail address, got something to eat and went back to work, thinking I would be working on tomorrow's newspaper.

No. Was told I would continue working on the project. Fine, except I had asked for a fan and it wasn't there, plus I had showered and changed into the regular clothes I wear to work. When I was working on the books, I was wearing jeans and a T-shirt.

So, I went back home and changed again. Came back into town, went to the dollar store and got a couple of extension cords, some ponytail holders and a flashlight and batteries. Some of the books are behind stacks of other books and it's easier to see the dates with a flashlight.

So, I'm home now, starting a load of laundry. I've only got the one pair of jeans, and I'll need them in the morning when I go back and continue this project. Which is overdue, and I'll be miserable next week because it didn't get done on time - I've been warned.

I just wonder if it will be as bad as I feel right now - tired and in pain from all the complaining muscles (moving heavy books, etc.).

I forgot to mention: my ankles are swollen, my left knee hurts (which is especially fun while shifting gears) and I'm out of Dr Pepper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile