Facebook angst

Many of you who are on Facebook have probably seen other bloggers posting about the new "featured posts" thing that Facebook is doing.

Basically, it boils down to this: Page posts go out to a certain percentage of the fans (I've seen mine vary between 1 percent and 6 percent) or if the page admin wishes, they can PAY for the post to be seen by all the fans.

The payment could be anywhere from $5 to hundreds of dollars (I've seen bloggers claim $300). Per post.

While some mom bloggers make a living at this, I suspect many are like me - I'd like to make money, but haven't yet. And the bloggers who do make money blogging probably spend it on riotous living paying bills and taking care of their families.

So now that Facebook is charging for this - if you all want to see all the posts, you will probably have to come to my page.

I will continue to post directly to my Facebook page, as well as create new posts here, but I don't know how many people will see them.

I will continue to participate in giveaways, but I don't know how many people will see those posts, either.

This blog is fed to Facebook through Networked Blogs, and I have no information on how those posts are seen - whether they are subject to the same restrictions or whether anyone sees them in their feed or if you have to go to my Facebook page to see them.

I'll work on getting an email system set up, so people can subscribe if they want to. And maybe I'll work on my Google + page and make that more active - they aren't charging for people to see posts there. You can also join me on Twitter or Pinterest - and if you need a Pinterest invitation, just ask. All I need is your email address, which you can message me about on Facebook or send an email to caysedai@gmail.com. (I don't use them for anything else and I don't share, sell or giveaway anyone's information.)

Like the other changes on Facebook (timeline, for example), I don't think this is going away. We'll just have to deal with it the best we can. But I'm not going to put all my eggs in Facebook's basket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile