Grand plans gone awry

So I had my plans set for today - a to-do list, my little blogger's daily schedule sheet, and everything. And then ...

  • Yesterday a former co-worker called to say she finally had her baby (a girl after two boys) and I sort of promised to visit her in the hospital today on the way to work.
  • I've got to go to my mom's to pick up a check, cash it and get sodas for her.
  • I want to start going to work earlier on Tuesdays because I get out earlier.
  • I got about 3 to 3 1/2 hours of sleep because I. can't. breathe.

The whole not-breathing thing was quite the surprise. I've had this thing since high school where it feels like I can't get a full breath, like I can't expand my lungs. So I do a sort of gasping yawn and hold my mouth open, hoping that it will work this time. But it's very infrequent - years can pass before it's a problem.

Except lately. Especially last night, when I went to bed after midnight and was awake until after 3 a.m. And I went back to bed after waking Cayla at 5 and telling her she had to get herself up and my alarm was set for 7. Which came way too soon.

Now she's on the bus on the way to school and I'm going back to bed. My alarm will go off in 4 hours, 15 minutes, and even if I fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow, that still won't be enough time.

And those plans? My to-do list is out the window, I won't visit the co-worker in case what's wrong with me is catching in any way, but I will go to Mom's to get the check and cash it, and I'll get her sodas later. But my most important plan is to get some sleep, even if it's not enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile