Surviving

Well, Cayla - and I - survived her first day of detasseling.

I hadn't heard from her while I was at work, so I called Kent a couple of times to see if she had called him for a ride yet. By 5 p.m. she had not, so I took my supper break at 5:15 and went to the drop off point to wait. Another woman drove up and asked if I had heard when they were coming. I said I was just waiting in case they showed up. She parked and came over, and her phone rang. Her daughter said they were on the way back. I asked if I could use her phone, and before the phone number disappeared from her screen, I caught a glimpse of it - it looked like my number. Cayla had my phone, so it seemed likely that she had allowed the woman's daughter to call her mom.

I called Kent to let him know I would take Cayla home. He said she had asked permission to go to Donna's to hang out with Jessica. I waited 'til Cayla arrived and took her over there. I got my phone back and called Jessica to hash out details while I was on my way back to work. We decided that Cayla could stay there until I got off work unless she decided to call her dad for a ride.

When I finished work, I called over there. Jessica said that Cayla had spent nearly the entire time asleep in a chair. When I went to pick her up, I found that Donna had insisted that Cayla take a shower (apparently she was able to change into some clothes Suzanna had left there) and wash her clothes. So that saved me from having to do laundry last night.

We drove through McDonald's for something for Cayla since she had slept through her time at Donna's, and I went to Wal-Mart. My oil light had come on during the short drive to Donna's, and we needed bread. When I got back to the car, Cayla was resting under a blanket. I had bought the blanket at a garage sale held by the Young Women - in May. It was in the car that whole time and finally came in handy.

I stayed up way too late and only got about 2 hours of sleep. Cayla is getting ready now for her second day. I hope we both survive it. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile