Mormon Messages

I just learned about the MormonMessages channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MormonMessages.

Mormon Messages is an official channel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.


I watched Dieter F. Uchtdorf - CREATE and it made me think. One of the screens said, Don't let the voice of critics paralyze you. I am guilty of this - and the voice is my own. I am very self-critical and have been all my life.

In kindergarten or first grade, we made (small - you could hold in one hand) clay pots "like the Indians" and painted them. In my mind's eye, I see my effort: misshapen and covered with blotches of paint. Then I see the other kids' works of art: symmetrical and painted with even lines and dots like "real" Indian pottery.

I know this is not true - the other kids could not have created what my mind recalls. But at that tender age, I decided that I was not artistic and carried that belief throughout my life. I'm still struggling with it at age 48, but trying to do better.

I'm taking classes in web technology at Iowa Central. Some of my classes involve creating new art within guidelines of using techniques in the books. I procratinate and waiver about these assignments. But I have a deadline - everything up til now has to be turned in next Wednesday. So I've got to get cracking - innate creativity or not.

And I'll keep telling my inner critic that I am a daughter of God and he created me with talents and abilities even if I haven't figured them all out yet. I do know that practicing something helps you improve, and living a teaching helps you gain faith in that teaching.

And I'll check out MormonMessages on YouTube for more inspiration. These are uplifting videos with a message of hope. I do caution that if you click on one and then click on related videos, you might find anti-Mormon videos there, as well. So click your "back" button to go back to MormonMessages and select a new video from there. You can click "see all" at the bottom right side of the screen to see more choices. There are currently 11 to choose from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile