A strange day

It's been an up-and-down day. I've basically been on the go since 6 a.m. and even missed my usual morning (making up for staying up too late) nap.

Cayla had to be at school at 7 a.m. to catch a ride for a field trip. We nearly missed it - she got in the last van. Some of the vehicles were pulling out as we approached. I think they could have handled that a little better - here comes another kid for the trip, let's leave so we don't have to take another one. ???

Amanda and I went to McDonald's to get an Egg McMuffin and hash browns for Mom, and hash browns for Amanda, then headed over to Mom's. We waited there until about 7:45 a.m. and then took Amanda to school. I told Mom that I wanted to drop the snow tires off at our storage space (I'm driving a car that belongs to someone else, might be able to buy it, but there were snow tires in the trunk taking up all the space). After dropping off the snow tires, we headed over to my work so I could pick up my check.

When I left, a co-worker was taking a plastic barrel of old papers out. I asked him if those were headed for the trash. Yep. So I ended up with two stacks of discarded newspapers that will help Tonya B. pack stuff to move. I wouldn't have been in the right place at the right time - or had room in the trunk - if I hadn't removed those snow tires.

I took Mom to the radiology department for a chest X-ray ordered by her physician's assistant. She had an appointment on Wednesday, mentioned shortness of breath and an appointment at the Heart Clinic next Tuesday, but the P.A. decided not to wait. So, Mom had to get the chest X-ray this morning.

After the hospital, we went to Wal-Mart. Mom stayed in the car and I got a few items. Toilet paper - we were on nearly our last roll. Something for lunch for each of us. Two small sampler boxes of Russell Stover candy for Mom. Then I took her home. I remembered before I left town that I needed to put gas in the car, so I filled it up.

I went home and ate, relaxed for a bit, then changed and went to work. Work was like the weirdest. I restarted my Mac and all I could get was a screen that told me I needed to restart my Mac. In four languages: English, French, German and Japanese. Molseed confirmed the Japanese. I had to use another computer for a couple of hours until Rex could fix it.

I worked on the Sunday Lifestyle section until 3:30 p.m., when I left to pick up Cayla. They didn't get back from the field trip until 4:15 or 4:20 p.m. Cayla and I went to Wal-Mart to get stuff for supper and I took her home. Since I was so late, I didn't take time to eat, just dropped her off and went back to work.

More weird stuff. Phone calls: one guy wanted to know if the NASCAR picks was still on the Web site because he's been doing it for a long time but he can't find it now. I'm guessing that it was dropped when we went to the new Web site or it's on a different page or something. I don't know (or care much) because I'm not interested. Another phone call: Somebody didn't get his Freeman Journal (this was around 6:30 p.m. - long after the office closes there). I suggested that he call tomorrow during the day, and in the future call by 4:30 p.m. to be sure to get someone in the office. The weird thing is that the Webster City number (Freeman Journal) went to The Messenger phone system. That can't be right.

Oh, yeah. When I got back from taking Cayla home, my PC monitor was just black. I restarted and it went through the scandisk stuff, but went back to black. I told Rex about it, but when he went over there, it was fine. Go figure. I decided that the Twilight Zone must have relocated over my desk. Rex suggested it's been there for some time (thanks a lot!). Whatever.

After work, I did some more shopping, including a purchase that I didn't want to make but figured is kind of necessary. I knew I had to buy minutes for my Tracfone, but how much? I couldn't remember how much I needed to get a certain number of bonus minutes (200 to get 50). I decided on the 200-minute card for $40 because it was $10 more than the 120-minute card, so an extra 80 minutes for $10.

When I got home and went to the Tracfone Web site to enter the code, I got 450 minutes total: the 200 I bought, the bonus 50 I expected and a bonus 200 I didn't expect. I think they might have done this before - it seems familiar now that I think about it. But anyway, I've got 7 hours and 30 minutes of talk-time now for the price of 3 hours and 20 minutes. That was a nice surprise.

Now, tomorrow ... I need to do laundry, go to work early if possible, pick up the girls (or just Cayla) to spend the night at Donna's, and I don't know what else. I wanted to help Tonya with the packing and stuff, but if I don't do laundry, I won't have anything clean to wear to work. Oh, unless I do the "wear my Sunday clothes because I didn't have time to wash" thing. That might actually work.

Anyway, I should try to get off the computer and go to bed. After all, I missed my nap today. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile