Another fall

Mom fell yesterday outside her apartment - in the snow that wasn't cleared from the sidewalk. She had fallen on Jan. 28, also outside, and scraped her knee that time. The scrape is infected, and I took her to the doctor's office yesterday to be seen. The doctor told her to take antibiotics, and if the infection didn't clear up, she would end up in the hospital.

Well, I took her home, let her out of the car and parked the car. I got out to help her get to her apartment, but I didn't see her. She had fallen. So, I called 911. After the last time, I knew I wouldn't be able to help her up on my own. She went to the ER, and after discussion with the doctor, they decided to admit her. Nothing is broken, but she's in a lot of pain and the infection needs to be taken
care of.

So, she could be in overnight or for a couple of days. I went to work last night for about 5 hours, so I'll try to get in 3 hours today to make up the difference. I'm not sure if I will go to the Valentine's dinner tonight at church - I might visit Mom instead, if she's still in the hospital. I kind of hope she'll be in for a couple of days, to help her get better.

After the last fall, her leg got swollen and turned purple. I really think she needs to have more care after that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile