$200 million Powerball ticket won in Fort Dodge

After church today, I went over to Mom's because she wasn't feeling well enough to go. I asked her if I could do anything for her. She asked me to get her a couple of caffeine-free diet Mt. Dews. At the Kum & Go, I noticed a small piece of paper under the glass on the counter. It was printed on lottery ticket paper and said that a single $200.8 million Powerball ticket was sold at the Kum & Go at Second Avenue North and 22nd Street.

Wow.

That's the first big Powerball prize in my area, and it's a big one. The information said that the lump sum would be more than $95 million. Even after taxes, that is just a ginormous amount of money.

And yet, I'm relieved that I didn't win. You see, our church doesn't accept tithing on lottery/gambling winnings. If I won a lottery prize and couldn't pay tithing, I wouldn't pass the temple recommend interview - I know one question is based on paying a full tithe. I'm glad this isn't going to be a barrier between me and the temple.

Going to the temple is worth more than $200 million to me. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile