Your inconvenience is not my emergency

While I was in the midst of a work crisis yesterday, I got a phone call from my niece, Jessica. My sister, Donna, was experiencing vertigo again and needed medicine. She shouldn't drive when she's having that problem. The pharmacy at Wal-Mart closes at 7 p.m. and the phone call was around 6:15 p.m.

So, I rushed what I was doing, asked someone else to help and rushed over to pick up Jessica. On the way to Wal-Mart, she told me that her sister, Suzanna, was supposed to pick up the medicine before her drill team practice from 6 to 8 p.m. Suzanna blew it off, saying she would go after practice. I don't know if she was planning to break into the pharmacy (joke) or what. Donna is supposed to tell her doctor today if the medicine is working. It's kind of hard to do that if she doesn't have the medicine.

Now, considering all the times I picked Suzanna up from work before she got her car, even a couple of times that Kent drove into Fort Dodge from Otho to pick her up because her mom was working and Suzanna would have had to walk from her work to her mom's work late at night ... well, the words "incredibly selfish" pop into my head.

Suzanna, your inconvenience is not my emergency. I was working. I had to leave work and run Jessica around and I didn't have time to have my own supper until after I got home - after 11 p.m. Instead of supper, I had some pretzels and a Reese's miniature.Thanks for the consideration you give your family. I'm sure we'll be able to repay you someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile