Happy Birthday to me ...

Well, actually, my birthday was Monday, but since Kent hasn't yet baked the promised cake, it's not over yet. ;)

Sunday night, Amanda stepped on a toothpick (probably left by one of Cayla's crafty projects) and it broke off in her foot. I called the managed health care office to see if we can change doctors, the doctor's office listed on her medical card and our doctor's office. I was told a) I missed a deadline but they would see what they can do, b) call our doctor's office, and c) take her to the emergency room because they don't have the equipment to remove the object. So, I took her to the ER.

A podiatrist removed the splinter, which was just a teeny, tiny thing. I'll be taking her to his office today so he can check for infection. After the ER, we went to Kum & Go and used a bunch of the coupons that were part of the company Christmas gift at my work. Then I went to the post office and took her home. She hasn't been back to school because I kept her home Tuesday - couldn't keep a bandaid on - and school was cancelled yesterday because of the weather.

Cayla had art class on Tuesday, she was upset when I picked her up. I asked the teacher if it was related to Cayla's "raging perfectionism," and she agreed. I totally understand this. There are many times when if I can't do something right, I won't do it at all (or put it off until I can, which is why I haven't scrapbooked in years!). I call my problem "procrastinating perfectionism," or putting things off until I can do them right.

Now it's time to get ready for work (with less than 4 hours of sleep) and doctor's appointment for Amanda. Fun. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile