"brief" update

Well, I got to church on time, and the girls and I sat in the second row from the front, right in the middle. Debbie Johns came over and asked me if I could teach a class next week. I told her to talk to me after sacrament meeting - that all would be revealed. I said I would be busy next week. (after the meeting, she said she understood)

Ward business was the confirmation of a girl who had been baptized. There was some stake business, then the sacrament was passed. I was confused. Two weeks ago, Bishop Dick asked me to accept a calling. Because of General Conference last week, this was the first week I could be sustained.

During the sacrament song, Brother Thomas came down off the stand and asked me if I had been sustained yet. I said, "no." He went back up and I knew that it would be taken care of after the sacrament was passed. I was right.

Mary Dick gave the first sacrament talk - and talked about families - past, present and future. I think she figured she was running out of time, because she didn't really talk about future families. We sang another hymn and then our stake high councilman spoke - Brother Bishop. I couldn't help but wonder if he had ever been a bishop ... that was too obvious.

After sacrament meeting, Mom told me that she sat near the back so she could look around and see if anyone raised their hand on "opposed" when I was being sustained. ROFL.

Terry Dillon gave the lesson (for the last time in that class) so I could watch to see how things go. We didn't have Sunday School last week because of General Conference, and I missed most of the previous Sunday's lesson because I was asked to help out in the nursery.

I think they were softening me up by asking me to help in nursery - when church was over that day, the bishop asked me to accept the calling to be the Gospel Doctrine teacher. I would have agreed to practically anything to escape nursery, I think! ;) I'm kidding - partly. My kids are 8 and 11 now, so it's been quite awhile since I dealt with 1- and 2-year-olds.

So, church was over at 1 p.m. and I had to wait for the very busy bishop for nearly an hour to be set apart. The kids were cranky and bored. Cayla was flopping around on the sofa in the foyer. Apparently she was feeling despondent because she wasn't chosen to participate in a special song in the Primary sacrament meeting in two weeks. Two other girls are doing a duet. I explained to her that one of the girls has a piano in her house, and her mom plays the organ in sacrament meeting - they can practice every day. I'm hoping to be able to get a cheap electronic keyboard that sounds like a piano so I can practice playing the piano.

It's definitely time for me to go to bed now. Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile