And... my car is fixed. It turns out it wasn't leaking oil, although it had in the past... Apparently, we put too much oil in it. So, it's fixed, I only have to pay about $25, and I can pick it up today.

Looking back, I see I didn't post about the car needing repairs. Ok, Cliff Notes version: oil light went on, I added oil. Went to Kent's work, he added more because the light was on again. I thought he checked the level, but I guess not. I drove home, found out later Kent saw a puddle of oil under my car at his work but didn't tell me (he could have called on the cell phone and I would have driven to the garage right then) because "I wanted to teach you a lesson about taking care of your car." Nice. Anyway, the car has been sitting in the driveway for nearly 2 weeks because I thought it had run out of oil and didn't want to drive it. Kent drove it to the garage yesterday and I picked him up in his car. Car is fixed, not a big bill, happy ending. Except, I think he's a jerk to risk the lives of his family to "teach a lesson" when he could have called me and I would have had it taken care of right away.

The only bit of revenge I have for this is the fact we've been using his car exclusively for nearly 2 weeks. He drives to work with all of us, I take the girls to school and then do what I have to do. I pick the girls up, pick him up, he drives home. I drive to work and home. Things would have gone smoother for all of us if we hadn't been relying on one car all this time. He was late for work a couple of days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile