A moving story: Part 6

I had another title for this but it fell out of my head ...

Stressful couple of days - I put a deposit on an apartment yesterday but I won't know until sometime today if we get the apartment. Most of our stuff is moved out into two different storage places - one of which I have no control over ...

And I had to call the Animal Rescue League of Iowa in Des Moines - my sister will drive me there on Saturday (my next available day that they are open) to relinquish our girl kitties. I am crying.

Amanda and I are sleeping here one last night, then we'll spend a few days at my mom's if we don't get the apartment I put the deposit on. We are allowed 10 days there per person per year.

(Later) I suddenly realized that I had to get something mailed out today by 1 p.m., so I rushed into town to take care of it. I'm not crying now, but I imagine I will again. This whole situation is a bucket of stress and I'm carrying a measuring cup.

I keep praying that the way will be smoothed for us to go where the Lord wants us to go, and that we'll know the right path. Some things seem like the way is being smoothed, but others seem like people are throwing thorns on the ground ...

(Later) I called the property management agency and they agreed to accept us for that apartment. I set up an appointment to sign the lease next Tuesday, but I'm going to call on Thursday to move that up. The sooner we can start moving our stuff in, the better. Yay!

Comments

Neela said…
I feel so bad about how things are going for you. I know we are miles and miles away but if we can help in anyway please let me know.

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile