A moving story: Part 4

And part of the reason I haven't been posting much lately.

So, I looked at a couple of apartments on Friday. I prefer one for some reasons and the other for other reasons, but it boils down to the one apartment, although more expensive, is close to the high school and has a garage. In this town, they will tow you if you are parked on the street after a snowstorm.

The one apartment - I looked at a below-ground apartment, but the one coming available has the same floor plan but flipped. It has 2 bedrooms, tiny bathroom, large living room, and kitchen with dining area (and dishwasher!) but no windows (I like looking out the window while doing dishes, but there is a dishwasher). That's the one close to the high school. I think there are 6 or 8 apartments, so lots of close neighbors. And coin-op washer and dryer.

The other one is a two-story close to Fareway. (Kid, I'm out of (whatever), run over to Fareway, will you?) The 2-bedroom apartment is on the first floor, but there are steps up. The front steps are not even heights, and the first one is exceptionally tall. Mom would have to come in the side steps, but to do that, she would have to go up the driveway, around a barrier, and in the side door, then up about four (?) steps. There is original woodwork, a funky-shaped kitchen with separate cooktop and oven and with a window over the sink, a fireplace in the living room and a laundry in the basement that is not coin-op but is skeevy, as Cayla would say.

The rental agency didn't call me back about the rent on the second apartment, but someone had told me earlier they thought it was $495, which is $30 less than the one close to the high school. And many places charge $30 for a garage, so that kind of makes up for that.

There are other places for rent in the area around the high school, and I suppose I should investigate more. But I'm so tired of looking and packing and tossing away my old crap that I just want it to be over with. And Tonya (landlady) is here, wanting to work on the house but we are in the way.

On the bright side, Tonya helped me the other day, packing and purging, and due to a truck breaking down, the company I got the roll-off from told me I could keep it until Monday for no extra charge. So I got some more work done yesterday on packing and purging. I have a system now, but it really requires another person to do the packing while I sort and purge stuff, and I didn't have any helpers yesterday. So we'll see how it goes now that Cayla is back from camp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile