A moving story: Part 3 - where? what? how? when?

Not to make this sound like a complain-fest, but we're so behind.

I haven't found a place to live.
Amanda's birth certificate hasn't arrived.
After the birth certificate arrives, we need to get her a state-issued photo ID.
One she has a birth certificate and ID, we can apply for housing assistance and also apply at the rental agency (or other rental agencies).
And I still have to scrounge up the money for the first month's rent and deposit.

In addition, we have to find a solution for the cat situation, as it appears nobody will rent to cat owners. And I rented a roll-off trash bin, which arrived yesterday but has one lonely bag of trash in it.

The plan is to do a major purging and only take what we really want to keep.

I have boxes - about 4 feet wide, 6 feet long and 3 feet high stacked - that have basically been there since we moved in this house. I've gone through some of them and restacked them a couple of times in the last (nearly) four years. But I'm pretty sure we can get rid of most of the stuff.

And I've got to keep working. I can't afford to take much time off, especially since I can't arrange a move-in date when I don't have a place yet.

Cayla has Diva Tech next Monday-Wednesday and girls camp the following Monday through Saturday. Amanda is supposed to start summer school next Friday, which runs nearly to the end of the month. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off, but I don't know how much we'll get done.

My landlady is supposed to be coming today sometime, but I'll be at work. It's a 13 1/2 hour drive from where she lives, so I'm hoping she won't be at the house tonight - or maybe not until I get home (1045-ish).

Is it time to panic yet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile