What if you won a huge lottery jackpot?

CNN reports that three people came forward with their shared winning lottery ticket in Maryland - one of three tickets to win the Mega Millions jackpot on March 30.

The three are public school employees and they are not planning to quit their jobs. Each gets $35 million after taxes in a lump sum payment.

What would you do?

I don't buy lottery tickets any more, because my church (I'm LDS) is against gambling. If I won a lottery jackpot, I couldn't pay tithing on it. But this one time I did buy some tickets - and gave them away.

I had lovely thoughts of what I could do with that kind of money - it involved some charitable organizations in the area. And yes, I would buy a house - or have one built to my specifications - and a few other things. But it was really fun thinking of how I could make a difference to other people.

I also see in the CNN article that the person in Maryland who had said she won but lost the ticket was wrong. A woman who was asked to buy tickets for the lottery pool at her work did so, but said she bought tickets for herself, which was supposed to be the winning ticket. This generated a lot of bad feeling between her and her co-workers over the money and in the end, she didn't have a winning ticket. I wonder if she can still work there after all that has happened.

So, what would you do if you had loads and loads of money all of a sudden? Cruise around the world? Build the biggest house in your town or move far away? Set up a scholarship fund? Provide computers for your local school?

Leave a comment with something you might do if you had the money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile