A musical note

Cayla had an orchestra concert today and I missed it. I could have gone, but we didn't realize there was a $2 charge until I had spent nearly all my money and didn't have access to any until tomorrow. (I think I have $1.87 or thereabouts.)

So I sat in the car all during the concert. I worked some word search puzzles from a book Mom had given me that she's had for 10 years. Seriously. And I dozed off for awhile, sort of.

So now we're home and I'm listening to Spotify. When I bought my current car last August, I was sort of desperate and didn't notice (or care at the time) that it didn't have a radio. I soon regretted that.

Normally, I like to listen to the radio when I'm driving. I like listening to new music and old favorites. I try to win some of the contest the local station offers. But all of that has been put on hold. I should point out that I kept the radio from my old car that (I believe) threw a piston rod, but it needs some sort of adapter to work in my current car. So I have been musicless since August.

Then about October of last year I realized that every waking moment of every day I have a song in my head. You know when you have a song running through your head and you can't get rid of it? That's my entire life. I'm beginning to think it runs in my dreams, as well.

And I blame not having a radio in my car.

I miss listening to music on a daily basis.

So ... Spotify.

I've got the free version. I have several playlists - they all have pretty lame names: Trock (time lord rock, which is actually the band Chameleon Circuit - Doctor Who fans, anyone?), Music 1, JoCo (Jonathon Coulton), Music from Chuck (the TV show).

My Music 1 playlist includes Adele, Florence + The Machine, Nickelback, Maroon 5, Coldplay, OneRepublic, OK Go, Green Day and Walk Off The Earth.

If it plays automatically, I apologize. I hate websites that play music automatically - I prefer to choose when to listen. but here's a sample of what I like. Also, some of the lyrics may be NSFW - if so, I apologize again. I try to avoid lyrics with profanity but some artist do different versions and I'm not sure if Spotify lets you pick which one.


Cayla asked me "don't you have an MP3 player?" I explained that the one she's using now is mine - she had asked for one so much that I gave her mine. Then I bought her one for her birthday because she said this one wasn't working. She has lost her birthday one (her birthday was in December), so she dug this one out again and it's working.

Anyway, I've rambled long enough. (Remember, this is Carol's Random Babble.) I didn't plan to listen to an hour's worth (or more) of music when I got home tonight, but I got caught up in the music.

*In case you were wondering, this is totally my own opinion. I am not paid, compensated, affiliated with other than having a free account or connected in any other way with Spotify. I just like to listen to music and this is one way. (My other way involves playlists on YouTube, which works better if I need to listen to music at work, which I do rarely.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile