Feelings of inadequacy and love

I sent some of this post to a blogger (whom I shall not name). 
A friend posted a link to this blog entry: Saydi Eyre Shumway: The Snapshot That Changed My Life.

I saw similarities to [blogger] - feelings of inadequacy (what mom doesn't feel that?), love of photography, and mostly love of your child.

I also saw a lesson for me - I am constantly criticizing myself for being disorganized, lazy (thanks Dad!), inadequate, procrastinating, etc. I need to look (for) at what I do right, even if it's just a moment.

Anyway, it's a reminder that you aren't alone, many people have the same feelings (although not the depression) that you have. Sometimes "misery loves company" means that it's comforting to realize you aren't the only person with these feelings, that the people you think have perfect lives are struggling as well and we are all (maybe) doing a little better than we thing we are.

How about you? Does it help to know that you aren't the only person who doesn't feel up to the task of being a parent? Does it comfort you to realize that the people you think know what they are doing all the time actually have their moments of inadequacy and maybe you have more moments of surpassing expectations than you realize?

Maybe it's a false comfort, but I'll take what I can get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile