A bit of nostalgia

When Amanda was baptized, I didn't think to ask how to keep the hallway carpet from getting all soggy - the font isn't connected to the bathrooms. So I brought all the towels we owned that day. I don't remember if I brought towels for the missionary who baptized her to get to the men's room. I didn't think to ask a ward member who owned a business that provided rubber-backed mats to business if he could provide some for this purpose.

In my case, the contractor who was hired by our landlord to replace the kitchen floor had delayed the project for a couple of weeks and had to come that day. So while I'm baking cookies in a kitchen without a floor, I also had to take our towels to the laundromat because the washer and dryer were disconnected (they were in the hallway by the kitchen, which was also being refloored). We lived in a mobile home and the kitchen was a pass-through in the middle. So, chaos, cookies, laundry ...


I know I've got pictures somewhere. I'll try to post when I find them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile