You missed quite a sight!

I had to go to Ames yesterday to pick something up. When I got there, it wasn't there. Some miscommunication had caused the order not to arrive, and there's no way for me to find out until I get there.

So, I got back in the Blazer - which I had driven because my car sucks down more gas and the Blazer had a bit more gas - and tried to shut the door. Which wouldn't latch. I tried a few more times, then asked someone for help. He tried a few times with no luck. So I drove around the side of the building where the parking lot slopes, hoping gravity would help. No luck.

So, I drove out of Ames with my window down a couple of inches and holding the door shut with my left hand. I shut the window and held the door by the door handle until we got to Little Wall Lake.

My plan was to shut the door from the outside, which usually works. In the past, I've done this, then got into the Blazer from the passenger's side and scooted across. In a manner of speaking - you don't exactly "scoot" across the center part of a Blazer.

I tried a few times, finally thought I had it after a fashion. I crawled in the back window, rolled across the back seat (it was already down) and maneuvered myself into the front seat. Cayla was laughing at me the whole time. She was the reason I didn't go in the passenger side - I wanted her door to stay where it was. The passenger door has latching issues, too, and I didn't want to deal with both of them.

Anyway, I finally got into the driver's seat and barely touched the door and it popped open. I tried a few more times to close it and finally gave up. I ended up driving the whole way back to Fort Dodge holding on to the door handle, even at 65 mph on Highway 20.

I can't begin to tell you how much fun that was. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile