My terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day ...

started out okay. Well, sort of. Amanda isn't well, so I kept her home from school for the second day this week. Our phone was disconnected yesterday (but we still have Internet access), so I couldn't call the school. I emailed the principal.

This afternoon, I was going into town to check our mail, pick up the title for the car my sister is giving me, pick up Cayla at her art class, drop her off at Mom's and meet Jim Reed at the YMCA. After that I was going to pick up Cayla, take her home, take a shower and come back into town to pick up Mom and go to Relief Society.

The car has been stalling and is hard to get started again. Today, it didn't start, and the battery was failing. So, I had it towed. I called my niece Suzanna and she took me to the post office, the mechanic's and dropped me off at the Blanden. The photographer from The Messenger picked us up and dropped Cayla off at Mom's, then took me to the YMCA. I was supposed to meet Jim Reed at 5 p.m. so he could show me how to use the machines in the nautilus room, and Reg, the photographer, was going to take pictures.

So, Chris Jondle showed me how to use the treadmill and elliptical machines, and Jim Reed took me on a tour of the nautilus weight machines. I'm probably not saying that right. Anyway, we did a mile around the track, then he dropped me off at my mom's.

Where I waited until Kent checked his email to get the message that Cayla and I were stranded in Fort Dodge and we needed him to come get me. I walked over to Simple Simon's and got a pizza, which we put a good dent into while we were waiting.

And, now we're home and tired, so it's off to bed. I just hope that I can get into town in the morning - Kent's car needs a new clutch and he doesn't think it will make it into town, let alone back home again.

It just keeps getting better and better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile